23.5.08

office 2007 is no good

Dear Bill,

I am writing to you to communicate my full dissatisfaction concerning the new office 2007 environment.

I am using Windows and Office since 1995 and it's the first time I have so much user interface compatibility problems.

Nothing is the same and a great effort of reeducation and readjustment is required (time I do not have personally). Today I tried to change a power point presentation. I failed to readjust the slides presentation mode and even to find the "save document" option (It took me 5 minutes to concentrate on the tiny floppy disk icon).

Why should I have to look for the save document option? It took me another 10 minutes to find the save as option on a word document as the new format docx is not compatible with the old office.

Even now that I am writing down my experience I feel stupid and I thank you for that.

It is hard to imagine that your new office user interface passed the user satisfaction tests. Personally I would like to know your design team estimation on the required switching time.


For me I find the switching cost equivalent or bigger with the switching to Mac or openoffice.

I truly regret office 2007.

best regards

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: